Join us for North End Organic Nursery’s 9th Annual Salsa Festival, with proceeds benefiting City of Good!
WHEN: Thursday, September 14, 2023, 5-8PM
WHERE: North End Organic Nursery, 3777 W. Chinden Blvd in Garden City
WHO: Open to both amateur and pro salsa makers
ABOUT THE EVENT: Sample locally made salsa, enjoy music (provided by Tropico FM) + beer, activities for kids, and enjoy a professional salsa showcase plus amateur contest with prizes.
WHY PARTICIPATE: Restaurants can promote their business and mingle with customers, amateurs can see how their salsa stacks up in the amateur competition (and win a prize!), and festival-goers can enjoy music, beverages, salsa, and a family-friendly event that supports City of Good.
- Open to the public with suggested donation upon entry.
- Both amateur and professional entries are welcome.
- This is a free event for salsa makers (minus the cost to make your salsa of course). Chips will be provided.
- The Festival will occur outdoors. Food & beer (for purchase), local music, children’s activities, and other entertainment are included in the event.
- HOW TO ENTER: Fill out the entry form prior to the event. If you forget to register, you may also bring a completed hard copy entry form with you to the event, along with your salsa, but sending your registration ahead of time helps us plan ahead (so please register by Sept 8!).
- Amateur entries: Prepare at least a pint of salsa. Your salsa will be sampled and judged by a panel (not sampled by the general public) and a winner will be announced at the event. Bring your salsa to the front counter at North End Organic Nursery by 4pm on Sept 14. Judging will happen at 6pm, with announcements made at 7 pm.
- Professional entries: Prepare 2 gallons (min) of your salsa, produced in a certified kitchen, to be sampled at the event by the public. You are welcome to contribute more than one submission to be sampled, but you must bring at least 2 gallons of each. Salsa does not need to be commercially available to participate; a custom creation made special for this event is A-ok! Expect about 500 attendees at the event, so be prepared to promote your business accordingly! Please bring whatever signage, business cards, coupons or other marketing materials you have that can showcase your business; you are welcome to hand these items out to attendees. You are your best promoter, so we encourage you to serve your salsa, however we can provide volunteer servers if you cannot be there. We also provide a table and tablecloth if needed. You are welcome to add your own flair! Please arrive with your salsa and materials by 4pm on Sept 14 to set up. Chips will be provided for the public to taste your salsa.
Questions? Email [email protected] or call Lindsay at 208-389-4769